Johannesburg Fresh Produce Market Agents
Established in 1963, BothaRoodt celebrates
more than 50 years in the industry this year.
Therefor our extensive experience and knowledge in the fresh produce market has been
the basis of growth for our company and made us one of the biggest market agencies
in South Africa. BothaRoodt was co-founded by Dan Botha and Gallie Roodt, whose son Chris Roodt is
a current director of BothaRoodt, along with Paul Botha and Pieter Du Toit.
In 1994 Marco became part the BothaRoodt group which now also include Green Network.
What is a Fresh Produce Agent?
According to the Agricultural Produce Agents Act No.12 of 1992 a “fresh produce agent” means an agent acting as such with regard to any agricultural product
specified in Part A of Schedule 1 on the basis that the risk of profit or loss at all times remains
with the principal.
Produce Agents Act No.12 of 1992
A Brief Summary Of The BothaRoodt, Marco, Green Network & Thebe Investment Corporation Transaction
- 2 years ago the BothaRoodt Group Executive made the decision to move the company forward, by searching for the right partner to take our company to the next level when it
comes to growth, transformation providing an enhanced service to our customers.
How does the partnership work?
- Botha Roodt Group is extremely excited and honored to partner with Thebe Investment Corporation. Founded in 1992 as a pioneering black-owned company, Thebe Investment
Corporation is one of South Africa’s leading investment companies, managing assets of over R6 billion. Thebe is a unique entrepreneurial company that does not exist only to
make a profit, but is driven by a commitment to serve the broader interests of communities at large.
- Thebe Investment Corporation is keen to contribute to the development of agriculture as a whole and fresh produce specifically. And what is most important, Thebe cares
about agriculture and producers in South Africa and wants to invest in this industry to ensure food security in Southern Africa.
Advantages of the partnership
- Thebe Investment Corporation will acquire 51% shareholding in Botha Roodt, Marco, and Green Network, whilst the BothaRoodt Group will still own 49%.
- The current management of BothaRoodt will still remain in the management of all day to day activities and be part of the decision making.
- Access to a broader spectrum of producers and buyers.
- Access to new markets as our customers will be working with an enhanced BEE level company that will be of a great advantage for them and their BEE status.
- Our future plans include enhanced service presence on more fresh produce markets and export markets.
Our Mission is still the same
- Moving Fresh Produce Forward, having a positive impact on agriculture, food security and the broader society as a whole.
- By maintaining an innovative and proactive approach to optimize sales and marketing of fresh produce.
- Preserve and further develop longstanding relationships with our producers by rendering uncompromising service, price & advice with profitable returns.
What's News? Find out by subscribing to our newsletter to receive updates on what we have been up to! Out every 3 months!
Check out our newsletter page for some of our previous newsletters.
Our aim is to always be a cut above the rest and always strive to find the best possible prices for both our producers and buyers.
We are one of the leading market agencies in South Africa and are looking forward to having you on board and doing business with you!
Send your produce with a detailed consignment note
The Fresh Produce Agent System serves as a transparent price discovery mechanism for both the producer and the buyer.
Legislation determines that producers should be paid within 5 days after the products has been sold,
therefor payment is done promptly which in turn is beneficial for cash flow.
It's with great excitement that the BothaRoodt Group welcomes Matla Market Agents.
Matla Market Agents was established as an outflow of an agreement between Joburg Market
Makepisi Agricultural & BothaRoodt whereby a % of all produce sold of Makepisi must be done by a black market agent.
Website developed by Jasper Consultants |